The world is a mask that hides the real world.
That’s what everybody suspects, though the world we see won’t let us dwell on it long.
The world has ways - more masks - of getting our attention.
The suspicion sneaks in now and again, between the cracks of everyday existence…the bird song dips, rises, dips, trails off into blue sky silence before the note that would reveal the shape of a melody that, somehow, would tie everything together, on the verge of unmasking the hidden armature that frames this sky, this tree, this bird, this quivering green leaf, jewels in a crown.…
As the song dies, the secret withdraws.
The tree is a mask.
The sky is a mask.
The quivering green leaf is a mask.
The song is a mask.
The singing bird is a mask.


Friday, April 22, 2005

falcons & fashion

Falcons and Fashion:
Today's stunning blog entry shall be about Falcons and Fashion.

Falcons-The Good

While I was walking Little Miss this morning, a bird swooped down at me, followed by another bird. This being Spring, I just imagined that it was two horny birds trying to get some early morning freak on. Well, then I saw the second bird hit the first bird and the first bird was down in her gown (I'm assuming it was a female bird for the gown part). She was writhing and such in the street on her back, flopping her wings. The second bird, Mr. Falcon (of course the predator has to be male), was perched on a limb of a tree, watching the death throes of this other bird. So much for mercy in nature.

I've never seen a falcon before and I certainly have never seen one attack another bird before. Well, no shit, Sherlock. If you haven't seen a falcon before, how could you have seen one attack another bird before.

Damn blog! Anyway, back to my story. I thought it was pretty cool. Beautiful bird. As we were walking further away from the scene of the murder, a bunch of birds flew out of these bushes that Little Miss sniffed. I guess they knew the Big Guns were in the hood and all hid from Mr. Falcon.

Fashion-The Bad and the Ugly

I have two comments on fashion I saw today....



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?